In traditional Austrian cuisine, Styrian Pumpkin Seed Oil is used most often as a salad dressing, but it has many other uses as well. Before you get started, it is most important to know that Pumpkin Seed Oil does not hold up well to heat, and as such it should not be used in cooking or baking. Instead, use your pumpkin seed oil as a finishing oil to add flavor to soups, dips, vegetables, baked good and even dessert.
- Combine with cider vinegar to make a traditional salad dressing
- Toss with baked potatoes or roasted vegetables
- Drizzle over pasta dishes including ravioli or risotto
- Add a few drops to soup for extra flavor
- Mix a tablespoon into your favorite pesto
- Drizzle over vanilla ice cream to add a delicious nutty flavor